Hey, Law students and Judiciary Aspirants welcome to you at your favourate law education school that’s The Law IQ. The Law IQ comes with a Knowledgeable article called “LEGAL UPDATES OF MONTH OF JANUARY 2024”. This article is only a shortcut to boosting your knowledge in the field of law.
These articles cover the following things:
Legal Events of Month of January 2024
Legal Updates for Month of January 2024
Important Judgement of this Month
Legal affairs for Month of January 2024
Highlights in the field of Law.
So, Let’s start the article without wasting time.
Legal Updates of Month January 2024 (First & Second Week)
- Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, In the case of State of Uttar Pradesh Vs. Association of Retired Judges makes the protocol for summoning the government officer.
- The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India issued a stay to the Patna High Court’s annulment of the marriage on the ground non-perfomance of Saptapadi.
- Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in the case of DBS Bank Limited Singapore vs Ruchi Soya Industries Limited referred the larger bench for Disagreeing Financial creditor’s payment under IBC.
- The Hon’ble High Court of Punjab and Haryana has upheld the autonomy of the Family court from Civil Procedure Code and Indian Evidence Act, Which means Hon’ble Family Courts are not bound by tenchalities of the Indian Evidence Act and Civil Procedure Code.
- Hon’ble High Court of Bombay approved the permission for the KGA means Kala Ghoda Association’s cultural and art festival from January 20 to 28 at Cross Maidan, Mumbai.
- On 10th January 2024, a Review petition was filed by Muzaffar Iqbal Khan and Awami National Conference in the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India for challenging its recent verdict of the abrogation of Article 370.
- The Hon’ble Kerala High Court has started Digital Accessibility Training for Visually Challenged Court staff. Justice A J Desai inaugrated this program
- Krishna Janmabhoomi and Shahi Idgah Masjid Dispute:- The Hon’ble Supreme Court of India stayed an order of Allahabad High Court about the appointment of Commissioner in Krishna Janmabhoomi and Shahi Idgah Masjid Dispute.
LEGAL UPDATES OF JANUARY 2024 (Third & Fourth Week)
- BCI (Bar Council of India) Issues urgent notification on the declaration of the existence of Advocates in the Legal Profession.
- In the case of the Jagat Singh Negi Vs. Surat Singh Negi, Hon’ble Himachal Pradesh High Court said that calling someone “currept” is a Defamatory statement. It is not protected under Freedom of Speech.
- On 20 January 2024, the Hon’ble High Court of Bombay hear a plea against a Holiday for Ram Mandir Inauguration. This plea is filed by a Law Student.
- Majority Support “One Nation and One Election,” said Govement Survey.
- Justice P B Varale was appointed as Justice in the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India. Now, The Hon’ble Supreme Court has 34 Judges means The Hon’ble Supreme Court has a full strength of 34 judges.
- Hon’ble Delhi High Court orders Telegram and Whatsapp to take action againts a Fraudulent account using the name of Sequoia capital. (In the case of Sequoia Capital Operation LLC vs John Doe and Other).
- In the case of Jang Bahadur Vs State of Allahabad, the Hon’ble High Court of Allahabad criticized Lawyer’s strike and said that the legal profession is different from Industries.
HIGHLIGHTS IN THE FIELD OF LAW
- In Child Adoption Cases, the Right of Mother is considered as Natural Guardian said by the Hon’ble Punjab & Haryana High Court.
- Hon’ble Supreme Court of India canceled the bail of Dheeraj Wadhwan and Kapil Wadhwan in a multi-crore bank scam case.
- Hon’ble Supreme Court of India refused to entertain cancellation of bail to MLA Sukhpal Singh in Drug Case 2015.
- Apex Court of India ordered the center to finalize the Motor Vehicle act amendment by April 2024.
- India and Saudi Arabia signed the “Bilateral Haj Agreement”. The total number of pilgrims is 1,75,025.
- Hon’ble Supreme Court of India said that the High Court is required to be more serious while dealing with matters of personal liberty.
- India Nominated the following cities for the “International Wetland City” Tag under the WCA scheme under the Ramsar Convention: Bhopal, Indore, and Udaipur.
- Reserve Bank of India granted a “payment aggregator license” to Tata Pay.
- Nobel Prize winner Muhammad Yunus was convicted under Labour Law by Bangladesh.