Legal Vocabulary is those words that are used in Court of law and legal proceedings day-to-day.
This Article Started with basic Legal vocabulary which helps to enhance your legal words. so, anybody easily deals with any proceedings.
These 5 Legal vocabularies Discussed in this article.
let’s start with this basic Legal Vocab.
- Simply Attorney means a person who represents or act for someone in legal matters and Business.
- Anybody who represents somebody in Legal matters is called Attorney.
let’s understand this with one example ‘A’ attorney who represents ‘B’ for legal proceedings in the court.
- In a simple way, Barrister is an authorities person who pleads in Superior Court
- Here the Authorities person means a lawyer.
Barrister means a lawyer who pleads Before a superior court.
A lawyer is pleading in the high court is Barrister.
- All details of the facts or information putting down in a short way it’s called Brief.
- Written statement of facts is Brief in a court of law.
- Brief means “Written Statement of Facts”.
My second brief was to defend an old man accused of rapping a girl.
- Here Case means Argument of one side.
- The case is the statement of the facts in a Trial.
The Opposition made a really strong case.
- In laymen’s language contract is one kind of Agreement with consent by both parties for performing their promises.
- According to INDIAN CONTRACT ACT 1872, “An Agreement which is enforceable by law is a contract”.
- In a short way, A contract is a formal agreement between two or more parties, It may be written or orally.
Ashok gives contract to his lawyer for check the term and condition.
This article mainly discussed 5 Legal Vocabulary.
1. Attorney → A person Who Represent someone in Legal Proceedings.
2. Barrister → A lawyer who pleads in superior court.
3. Brief → Written Statement of Facts.
4 Case → Statement of facts in a trial..
5 Contract → Formal agreement between two or more parties.
This Legal Vocabulary helps to improve your knowledge.